Montrose ACT will assume the functions of the chamber of commerce, retail enhancement and tourism development.
Board members elected from the three previous organizations are:
• Retail – Rich Parr, Walgreen’s
• Restaurant – Tyler Jones, Rib City Grill
• Lodging – Keno Rodriquez, Holiday Inn Express
• Financial – Mark Harmon, Bank of Colorado
• Service – Scott Beyer, Scott’s Printing
• Industry/Manufacturing – Steve Savoy, Best Signs
• At Large – Polly Hohlenkamp, Leadership Circle, LLC and Sports Clips
• At Large – Sheree Wanner, Camelot Gardens
The ninth board seat will be filled by an appointment by the Montrose City Council.
Boardmember Savoy, who had served on the restructuring committee and the board of the Chamber of Commerce, pronounced himself pleased with these initial steps. “We are glad to get this important phase completed,” he said, going on to note, “Now that we have the corporate entity Montrose ACT in place, the real work starts.”
Polly Hohlenkamp, former MAMA boardmember from MAMA, added that it’s now time to move this Montrose ACT forward. We are going to need input and involvement from the retail community. We have a good cross-section from the retail community serving on this new board, but we will be striving to involve even more retailers in the new organization.”
The Montrose City Council approved the Montrose ACT contract at its Feb. 18 meeting. “It is important that we keep the promotional efforts moving forward in this first year,” said Ken Brengle, chief restructuring officer for the MEDRC. “We need to incorporate the key and important activities for retail enhancement and tourism development into the new organization.”
The planning process, including the vision statement, mission statement and strategic goals, will be developed by the new organization.