TELLURIDE - Telluride Outside has acquired the snowmobiling portion of Dave's Mountain Tours, a guide service that has operated near Telluride since 1995, and will offer daily tours in the spectacular Beaver Park area, accessed from a snowmobile base on Fall Creek road, just 30 minutes from Telluride, in November.
John Duncan, co-owner of Telluride Outside, says, “This is a tremendous opportunity to offer a premier winter guide service on parallel with our most popular summer activities, like rafting, 4-WD tours and fly fishing. Snowmobiling is a major winter vacation amenity. We’re going to take these tours to the next level with better machines, improved transportation and most importantly, the best guides in the business. We can’t wait to get started. I would like to thank Dave Rote for his support throughout this process.”
Prior to 2001, Telluride Outside operated snowmobile tours in the Alta Lakes area under original owner Bill White and interim owner Todd Herrick. Since 2001, Duncan and his partners have sought snowmobile permits to balance Telluride Outside’s summer-oriented guide services: fly fishing, rafting, 4-WD tours, mountain bike tours and photography tours.
Complete tour information is available at tellurideoutside.com/snowmobiles. Highlights include:
• Telluride Outside will upgrade the snowmobile fleet with new model Polaris touring and powder riding machines.
• Riding terrain and trail options will surpass anything previously offered in SW Colorado, including more than 80 miles of groomed trails and powder meadows between Woods Lake, Beaver Park and Dunton Hot Springs.
• Telluride Outside will offer half day and full day tours for riders of any ability.
• A luxurious Dunton Hot Springs full day tour will be available.
• Door-to-door transportation will be offered for all tours.
• High quality snow suits, boots and helmets will be offered free of charge.
• Double sleds will be available to accommodate non-driving riders.
• Tours will be booked and coordinated from Telluride Outside’s main street location in downtown Telluride.
For more information, contact Duncan at 800/831-6230, 970/728-3895 or visit www.tellurideoutside.com.