CEDAREDGE – One Cedaredge High School Student died Monday and two other students remain hospitalized in Denver after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Reid Gates died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday at St. Luke’s Hospital in Denver. Students Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper are still hospitalized.
According to The Daily Sentinel, the three Cedaredge High School students were accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide as they watched movies inside a fifth-wheel trailer aided by an on-board generator. The trailer was parked in an enclosed garage.
All three were players for the Cedaredge High School football team, which won the school's first Class 1A state title in 2012.